Friday, April 15, 2011

Review: Ahava Skin Replenisher for Normal to Dry Skin

Ahava is one of my favorite Israeli brands. I have to confess that I don't buy it for myself very often, because every time one of my aunts goes to Israel, they stock up as though none of this were available in the United States and bring it back for me and my sister as presents. The Skin Replenisher is my go-to night moisturizer at the moment, and it came in one of the care packages along with back issues of French Vogue.

Ahava Skin Replenisher also comes in Very Dry Skin, which I haven't tried. It is a light, velvety cream that soaks into the skin quickly, and doesn't feel greasy or oily at all. It is very lightly scented, and the scent quickly fades to a very light 'soapy' smell, which doesn't compete with perfume I put on to go to bed. I've been using it for three or four weeks now, and I will probably buy another jar for myself when this runs out, unless another aunt makes a run to Jerusalem for me in the meantime.

Full Disclosure: This review is based on my personal jar, which was a gift from a relation.

Where You Can Get It: At department stores, and many places online.

Why It's Wonderful: Ahava has been targeted by the anti-Israel BDS Movement. Proud Jewish women everywhere have responded to this by clearing the shelves of their favorite boutiques of all of Ahava's wonderful products. Even gentlemen can help!

No comments:

Post a Comment